RSS Feed

Pictures from the Rose Garden

July 5, 2007 by Jocelyn

And here’s the new Peony Garden!

It was a gorgeous day out yesterday, as you can tell!

peony-garden.jpg

One of my favorites from the Peony Garden. I’ve decided that I love these flowers.

peony.jpg

And now, the rose pictures. I think this one was called Peace.

peace-rose-blooming.jpg

yellow-rose.jpg

And then I tried to get fancy with my close up filters. I’m not sure if it worked.

pink-rose.jpg

peace-rose.jpg

Oh, I just love going down to the gardens when all the flowers are in bloom. It makes me feel a little goofy, but happy goofy, you know? *sigh* It’s official, I’m a garden nerd.

12 Comments »

1. Michelle says:

Love the close up pics, they’re really really nice.
    Where are you to get peonies so late?

2. Hi Jocelyn,
    Your photography is amazing. I love the close up shots too. I really like peonies and roses myself.
    Sara from farmingfriends

3. Your close up are gorgeous. I love to take macro photos too. What a lovely garden to tour.

4. Laura says:

Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your garden with us. Reminds me how much I need to add peonies to the garden. :-)

5. Jocelyn says:

Hello everyone, and thank you for the wonderful comments! Michelle, I am up in Duluth, Minnesota. It seems that we are always a bit late with our blooming season and it never lasts too long. Sara and Crafty Gardener, photography is my other favorite hobby and it is nice to hear such lovely compliments; thank you. Laura, I’m glad I could remind you of the Peonies! Those huge blooms are definitely something you can’t miss out on!

Happy Gardening everyone!

6. Nice macro shots………

7. Jocelyn says:

Thank you Iowa Gardening Woman!

8. Angel says:

Your flower pics are simply beautiful!

9. I love peonies and have painted them several times on porcelain. I have never seen the variety you have shown here. I will be bookmarking your site so I can return to look at this gorgeous peony! Thanks for sharing.

10. ch Mushtaq says:

Hi,These pictures are beautiful. This kind of picture show the creative mind of the senders and most of the people enjoys to see these people. thanks

11. very beautifull its so plesent it gives more energy to work after seeing these pictures

12. Becky Smith says:

Hi Jocelyn,

From the moment I saw this picture I knew it had to be from the Gitche Gumee!

My husband is from Minneapolis, MN. I’m from Kansas City, MO. For the last 13 years we’ve come up to Duluth because it’s so beautiful.

We stay at a place on the Gitche Gumee scenic Hwy.
    I was flabbergasted at the size of the Peonies up there! They had Peonies in a vase in our room the size of a dinner plate! It’s amazing how big they get up there with such a short growing season. It must be the clean-cool air!

Thanks so much for sharing the lovely pictures.

Everyone goes home with a boquet when they leave our place. To me half the fun of gardening is sharing. We also have roses and vegetables that we share.

Happy Gardening!