RSS Feed

Green Thumb Sunday!

September 2, 2007 by Jocelyn

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Enger Tower this past week for some pictures. The tower has a great view of the city, and some impressive shade gardens as well.

Here’s the view of the lift bridge from the top of the tower.

view-from-tower.jpg

And a little bee on a Purple Coneflower.

bee1.jpg

This is the most Coleus plants I’ve ever seen in one place at a time!

coleus.jpg

Their Impatiens were beautiful! I love the coral colored ones. It was interesting because you could see that the ones who were in shade all day were much thicker than the ones that got some sun during the day. The difference was incredible.

impatiens.jpg

green-thumb-sunday.jpg

Visit As the Garden Grows for more information about Green Thumb Sunday.

9 Comments »

1. Mark says:

Looks like a great place to go, good view and lovely flowers, what more could you want…..

2. maiylah says:

beautiful shots! the Coleus plants look great arranged like that.

3. Aiyana says:

The Coleus plants are beautiful. Lovely shots.
    Happy GTS!
    Aiyana

4. Thanks for the wonderful stroll! The autumn has arrived here, so there isn’t that much flowers left now.

I love the Coleus plants. Wonderful colors!!!

5. What lovely shots you’ve taaken. I enjoyed the stroll too and love the coleus foliage. Sara from farmingfriends

6. Michelle says:

great photos! love the coneflower and coleus ones! :) Happy GTS!!

7. nikkipolani says:

That coleus shot is astounding! You’ve captured so much color in that one.

8. Jocelyn says:

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments! These gardens really are impressive, and I’m afraid my camera won’t do them justice.

9. Sasha says:

Gorgeous! I *love* the Coleus!