I thought I had finally gotten rid of them a few months ago, and I haven’t seen them since- until this morning. Luckily I found them on the one Jade plant that is pretty much quarantined already. It is one of the few plants that I have in my living room, and luckily my other vulnerable plants are all upstairs. After I discovered the little pests, I ran upstairs to get my weapon of choice: my Vanilla Mint mouthwash. Thank you, Listerine.
Needless to say, the Mealybugs don’t like the minty freshness of Listerine as much as I do. As soon as it touches them, they turn an orangey brown color and shrivel up. I always make sure to wipe my Jade plant down with water after putting the mouthwash on it. Anyways, after I was convinced that I had found all of these little bugs, I tallied the final body count at 6. Not very many, and I’m sure there will be a few more that I missed showing up within the next week or so. But I am confident that my method works, and with a little persistence they will eventually all be goners.